Ahem…welcome to the unexpected world of blogging.
So, as I was numbly scrolling through my not-so-addictive mobile, my eyes wandered among the notifications popping up and surprisingly enough one of them has been the reason for this post.
If you haven’t guessed it already, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award from TheImperfectMuslimah, a blog run by a talented sister who, through her beautiful writing, will transport you into the world of deep thinking from daily life scenarios and show you a unique sphere of imagination from her Muslim fiction stories! Do check out her blog by clicking on the link above.
Let’s have a look at the rules…
The Liebster award is a virtual award passed on by bloggers to other fellow bloggers. Its goal is to connect and promote new bloggers in the community through the engagement and discovery that links to the chain of being nominated and nominating.
- Thank the person who nominated you (aka 私→ me) and include a link to their blog.
- Write a blogpost about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
- Write 5-11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blogpost.
- Nominate 5-11 other starting bloggers who you think deserve this award.
- Ask 5-11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Comment on my original post to let me know that you’ve accepted your nomination and leave a comment on Global Aussie to inform him that you have received a nomination (this is optional).
Random Facts about Myself
- I love voices, which is really weird, but I just enjoy listening to people’s different tones of voices and accents (at the level that I used to imitate almost all my classmates’ and teachers’ voices when I was little loooool)
- I have an incurable chronic illness commonly known as procrastination (although what I’ll say next is the total opposite…).
- I hate wasting my time.
- I can’t stand being bored, it just irritates me, I have to do something or another.
- I haven’t cried watching movies as much as I’ve cried reading books.
- I love giving cute nicknames to my loved ones.
- I react very quickly to things (suggested by fam, because I was out of ideas).
- I don’t like the idea of being addicted to something, even if it is something I love.
- I like odd numbers.
- I love everything wintery: snow, rain, cool winds, thunderstorms [I used to (still do sometimes) go out or look from the window whenever there were thunderstorms happening].
Answering the questions…
1. What’s your favorite food?
That’s a very very difficult question for a foodie like me, but my top three (sorry, I cannot do less than that) have to be chocolate, pizza with shrimps and pistachio ice cream.
2. What’s the strangest thing about you?
It took me sooo long to figure out an answer for this, but here it is. I think the strangest thing about me is the fact that I think too much deeply about something…anything really.
3. Coffee, tea or both?
Neither of them heheheh. I’m more inclined toward fruit juices. And although my all-time-favorite drink is water, I do love orange and apple juice. (My obsession with apple juice came from when I was traveling on a plane and the hostess was so nice, she gave me three glasses of apple juice and it was the best drink I’ve ever had)
4. What’s the reason behind your blog’s title?
I named my blog several times at the beginning until I finally came up with this one. So, I was looking through Surah al-Noor, specifically when Allah says:
“Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light.”
Got it? This is one of my favorite ayah of the Qur’an and it is very close to my heart. It helped me at a time where all I could see was darkness. When my only hope was Allah and His light. The deep meaning and lessons hidden behind this verse are beyond description and I wanted to focus my blog and revolve it around this idea of bringing Light in your Heart (see what I did there? That’s the title of my blog), which will glow even if Untouched By Fire.
5. Tell me what you’re passionate about?
I’m passionate about writing.
I’m passionate about reading, so that I can fly in a world full of imagination, yet keeping my feet on the ground.
I’m passionate about learning, so that I’d to satisfy my thirst for knowledge (…I’m not Hermione) and be able to teach it to those around me.
I’m passionate about sharing, so that I’d be a part of making this world a better and happier place.
Time for my Questions…
1. How has your blogging experience been so far?
2. What made you start blogging?
3. What does life mean to you?
4. Do you judge a book by its cover?
5. What’s your favorite quote?
6. What is the most important thing a person can do to improve themselves?
7. What inspires you to write new posts?
8. What is one advice you’d give to newbie bloggers?
Time to nominate the awesomest bloggers…Drum roll, please!
Pheeew! That was pretty hard, but lots of fun as well! Hope y’all enjoyed it as much as I did.
“Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.”